About The College Hotel
History of the building
The historic character of The College Hotel has been harmonized with “state if the art” design with respect for authenticity. The building is on the list of most classical buildings with history in Amsterdam. The comparisons between the famous Rijksmuseum – built in the same period – and The College Hotel are clearly visible.
The high ceilings, large fireplaces and spacious stairwells uniquely contribute to the special atmosphere in the lobby, the guest rooms and Food & Drinks bar. All areas of The College Hotel also have a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The hotel offers a number of spacious and stylish meeting and events rooms, which are ideal for attractive business and private meetings, dinners and weddings.
The 4-star The College Hotel has 40 stylishly furnished rooms, five multifunctional banqueting rooms, a beautiful Food & Drinks bar, a sunny terrace and a beautiful ballroom. The special concept, design and pleasant service ensure that The College Hotel is visited by guests from home and abroad.
The College Hotel Amsterdam is a unique concept where, in addition to taking care of your unforgettable stay, it is all about hands-on training of Young Professionals in the hospitality sector. Guests, staff and management give high potential students from local hotel schools a unique opportunity to gain practical work experience in the operations and administrative departments of a qualified boutique hotel.
What can you expect as a guest?
As a guest of The College Hotel, you can count on well-meaning, sparkling, disciplined and enthusiastic Young Professionals who have been critically selected by our management and appointed as representatives of their school. You will experience dynamism and energy during your hotel stay and we guarantee that this will give your stay an extra dimension.
Not every student can just do an internship at The College Hotel. Prior to this, an extensive and critical selection procedure from the management and the hotel schools takes place. All students work in the hotel for 10 to 20 weeks. This period enables the students to actually undergo a development. Students come from both MBO and HBO courses and are deployed in the various departments in front of and behind the scenes in the hotel.
By cooperating with the local hotel schools, The College Hotel creates an absolute win-win-win-win situation for guests, students, the hotel schools and the Corendon Group. The advantages at a glance:
What are the benefits of this concept for you as a guest?
- Our students do everything they can to exceed your expectations during every stay.
- In a 4-star hotel you will experience 5-star service, a higher service level than usual. This is done on the one hand by the dedication our students give you and the pleasure they experience from their work, and on the other hand by the ample staffing.
- You contribute to training high potential students to become the hospitality professionals of the future.
What are the benefits for the students?
- A hands-on work experience at a highly qualified hotel in a “real” hotel setting where the expectations of demanding and versatile guests, both business guests, tourists from all corners of the world and visitors to events, must be exceeded every day.
What are the benefits for hotel schools?
- The hotel school is assured of a high-quality training location in a 4-star hotel with 5-star service.
- The collaboration with Corendon Hotels & Resorts, owner of The College Hotel, contributes to the school’s image and scores in accreditations and attracts new high potentials and highly motivated students.
What are the benefits for Corendon Hotels & Resorts?
- Corendon Hotels & Resorts and its sister companies from the Corendon Group, but actually the hospitality industry as a whole, is assured of high-quality Young Professionals for the future.
- Students come in contact with the new and innovative hotel brand Corendon Hotels & Resorts.
- It is a parade project with a major social contribution of which Corendon is extremely proud.
Hotel school in this Partnership
The College Hotel is proud to have been able to work closely with the ROC of Amsterdam for many years in a row.
Corendon Hotels & Resorts
The College Hotel Amsterdam has been part of Corendon Hotels & Resorts since October 2014 and thus also of the Corendon Group. Corendon Hotels & Resorts currently operates three hotels in Amsterdam: Corendon Village Hotel Amsterdam, Corendon City Hotel Amsterdam and The College Hotel Amsterdam.
We offer innovative hotels and resorts in convenient locations with personalized service. We strive for guests to want to come back. We do this with the commitment of our reliable, friendly and service-oriented teams who work hard to exceed the expectations of our guests. Central to our philosophy are corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate social responsibility is of paramount importance at The College Hotel. For The College Hotel, the Student Concept has a large share in this, but The College Hotel does more!
We think it is important that everyone gets a chance on the labor market. To this end, we work a lot with the municipality of Amsterdam to give people with a distance from the labor market a chance. People work in various positions who find it difficult to find work due to a physical or psychological disability. We also place colleagues who are older or unemployed for some other reason in different positions in the hotel. In addition, we continuously invest in our employees to allow them to act as coaches towards our interns.